Entry requirements :
Entry requirement of this course are the following:
- To have graduated with a Technical Diploma in Surveying, Geomatics or equivalent;
- To have graduated with a university degree (B.Sc.) in land surveying/geomatics.
- To have graduated with a university degree (B.Sc.) in a domain related to geomatics and have relevant experience in geomatics and/or hydrography.
- To have graduated with a university degree (M.Sc.) in a domain related to geomatics and have relevant experience in geomatics and/or hydrography.
Student applications must include evidence of pre-requisite in geomatics in the following disciplines, for a minimum of two years:
- Geodesy and land surveying;
- Information technologies;
- GIS and spatial data analysis;
- Applied mathematics and statistics for geomatics applications;
- Satellite positioning (GNSS).
Student application must include:
- Transcript showing that the student has validated key courses in geomatics by a mark of at least 60%;
- The detailed syllabus of the program they graduated from;
- A CV including the job title(s), company name(s) and professional records showing relevant experience in hydrography;
- All relevant diploma(s) related to hydrography.
Entry to the CIDCO course will be done by a file examination. Additional information such as references might be asked. Entry examination and/or interview might be done if the selection committee is not completely satisfied by the information provided by the candidate and to confirm that the candidate has the academic and/or professional background adequate for his admission.
Student application must include:
- For graduated student of a Québec DEC, French BTS, Technical Diplomas: the proof that the prerequisite course modules mentioned above have been validated by a mark of at least 60%.
- Other students are required to send the detailed syllabus of the program they are graduated from.
For more information, you can contact Mr. Mohamed Ali Chouaer by phone at +1-418-725-1732 ext. 1890
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the employment prospects in the field?
They are very good and very varied. Indeed, there is a strong market demand for hydrographers.
- Is it possible for someone who is not a Canadian resident to take the training?
Certainly, the remote part will be done from your place of residence and you will only have to travel for the 7 weeks of residence including the field project and exams. For this, we will provide you with the necessary documents and support for your visa application.
- How do I know if I have the prerequisites to be admitted to the course?
You must send us a scanned copy of your training diplomas.
Inscription deadline : 2021-10-01
|E-Learning||GSR||Geodesy and spatial referencing||Oct.
2021 - Dec 2021
|TID||Tides and water level||Jan.
2022 - March 2022
2022 – Jun 2022
|HDPM||Hydrographic data management|
Comprehensive Final Field Project
|Jul 2022 - Aug 2022|
|E-learning course||Payment deadline||Cost|
|--Deposit||on acceptation||$ 731|
|--Payment 1||2021-09-16||$ 3293.00|
|--Payment 2||2021-11-15||$ 3293.00|
|--Payment 3||2022-01-20||$ 4,296.00|
Fund transfer, by check or credit card via PayPal.
|Deposit via PayPal||Payment via PayPal|
|Payment 1 via PayPal||Payment via PayPal|
|Payment 2 via PayPal||Payment via PayPal|
|Payment 3 via PayPal||Payment via PayPal|